Tuesday 5 January 2010

Riding the French Railways


In all the years I have lived in South West France, which total 16 in all, I am ashamed to say that I have only been on the train once!!

I have to say they are the most efficient and comfortable that I have ever experienced. Train travel in France is relatively cheap and if tickets are booked well in advance then they are extremely reasonable in cost.

Whilst most people drive to their French Villa destination or fly, the train is becoming more and more popular and so easy! Even though you see a fair amount of countryside when you drive, it is only from the Autoroute and that can be limiting.

I took the train from Toulouse last week end to go to Antibes on the Cote d’ Azur. I was apprehensive at first but found the whole experience so well organised. Ticketing is so simple and you can choose your seat whether to sit on your own, as a couple of a family of four. Once on the platform you can view where your carriage is so no panicky about where to get on. I chose first class which is only a quarter more in price than second class and glad that I did. It was very comfortable, quiet and the hours literally flew by.

My journey took me through all the areas that I cover in the South West managing a wide selection of Languedoc villas from Castelnaudary to Carcassonne and onto Sete where the train travels along the coast. From there onto Marseille and onto the areas that my colleagues in the South cover – from Toulon to Cannes to Nice. This was a perfect opportunity for me to see the areas that they work in and the different architecture and terrain.

I thoroughly enjoyed my train journey going through all the areas where we have rural Farmhouses in South West France or Luxury Villas in Provence and Cote d’Azur.
Therefore, when you are thinking of booking your summer holiday spare a thought for your journey by train – a different experience entirely.

If you would to talk to one of our experienced staff about your luxury villa holiday in France contact our office on 01442 870055 or visit our website www.qualityvillas.com

If you would like a copy of our new 2010 brochure call our office on the number above or order a copy via our website www.qualityvillas.com

Gill Woolsgrove
Regional Manager
France & Morocco

No comments:

Post a Comment